Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Happy Birthday in My Meadow

Creating scenes with the new "My Meadow" stamp set is easier than it looks.  The main challenge is determining what images each of the stamps represent and how you can best use them.  Stamping each on a scrap of paper was very helpful for me.

My second card is a birthday card.  This spring card looks almost like a watercolor.


I started by stamping the bridge and the stream running under it.  Then I added some grass, trees, a water line, clouds and birds in the sky.  For some colour, some red tulips were added, and Flirty Flamingo was used to stamp blossoms on the trees rather than green leaves, although I did stamp some green leaves in amongst the blossoms as well.

Clear Wink of Stella was applied to the water line and the stream running under the bridge.

The sentiment from "Sending You Thoughts" SAB was stamped directly onto the art piece near the top.

This art piece that was created was die cut using a stitched rectangle die, matted with a slightly larger die cut Early Espresso rectangle and adhered to an Old Olive card front.

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  My Meadow, Sending you Thoughts (SAB)
Inks:  Early Espresso, Balmy Blue, Mossy Meadow, Flirty Flamingo, Lovely Lipstick, Basic Gray
Papers:  Old Olive, Early Espresso, Whisper White
Accessories:  Stitched Rectangle Dies, Clear Wink of Stella

No comments: