Saturday, September 21, 2019

Northern Light Technique with Winter Woods

In my previous post I used the Northern Light technique with the Snow Front Stamp set

For this card, I also created a Northern Light background, but using the row of trees from the Winter Woods stamp set.


Before starting on the sky, I masked off the snowy foreground using copy paper.

For the sky, I used the same colours as before, but instead of swiping, I created patches of colour. Instead of stars, using white acrylic paint and the end of a paint brush, I placed fluffy snow flakes in the sky.

The shadows of the snowbanks were created using both Dark and Light Seaside Spray and light Smokey Slate

The sentiment, from "Itty Bitty Christmas" is matted with Night of Navy and adhered just below the trees.

Snow has to sparkle, so I added Dazzling Diamonds to all the white areas, then spitzed the entire art piece with my homemade spritz (made with Shimmer Paint and alcohol).

On a Night of Navy card base, I added a frame of Sparkle Glimmer Paper which was made using the largest of the Stitched Rectangle Die with  third largest of the dies, thus cutting out the center and making the frame.  This saves on paper and the center rectangle can be used for another project.  The art piece was die cut with the second largest Stitched Rectangle die and then adhered to the card front with the edges slightly overlapping the Sparkle Glimmer frame.



Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Winter Woods, Itty Bitty Christmas
Inks:  Black Memento, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Rich Razzelberry, Night of Navy, Seaside Spray Smokey Slate
Papers:  Night of Navy, Whisper White
Accessories:  Stitched Rectangle Dies, Dazzling Diamonds

No comments: