Sunday, March 31, 2019

Thinking of You Friend - The Paper Players #435

After today Sale-a-bration is officially over!  These 3 months have gone by very fast.

For the Tic-Tac-Toe challenge with The Paper Players I am picking the following row: die cuts, embossing and floral, with the Painted Seasons stamp set.

 I am also using a technique I haven't used in a while - the Baby Wipe technique, using the current in-colours reinkers (Lovely Lipstick, Grapefruit Grove, Pineapple Punch, Blueberry Bushel, and Call Me Clover).  I know, I was hesitant too, and I wasn't sure those colours could be mixed together.



On 4 baby wipes folded in half placed on my Stampin' Scrub, several drops of the following reinkers were placed at the top half - Lovely Lipstick, Grapefruit Grove, and Pineapple Punch; and the other reinkers were placed at the bottom - Call Me Clover and Blueberry Bushel.

To be truthful, I had no idea what mixing these colours would look like.  I just hoped the result would not be mud when mixed together.  So, with bated breath I took the flower stamp from "Painted Seasons" inked it up and stamped on glossy cardstock.

I was actually quite pleased at the result.  Now the leaves.  You must admit mixing a blue with a green is not always wise, but again I was pleased with the result.

So, I stamped until I filled a piece of 8 1/2 by 11 piece of glossy card stock - using a different flower per sheet  because I couldn't decide which one I wanted to use.



Then I die cut 3 flowers and leaves from the stamped piece using the Four Seasons Framelits.

As you can see I decided to use the other flower.

Making the Card:
On a Lovely Lipstick card base, a 3 1/4 by 5 1/2" piece of the DSP  (to which a strip of Grapefruit Grove card stock was added to the top and bottom edges),  was adhered.

In the center of this was added a 1 1/4 by 5 1/2" piece of Lovely Lipstick with a 1" piece of Whisper White in the middle.   In the center of this was added a flagged strip of Call Me Clover card stock  on which a  sentiment was embossed  with silver embossing powder.

The three die cut flowers and leaves were arranged on the left of this strip, and rhinestones were added to the center of each flower.


On the inside, a 1/4" strip of the stamped glossy paper was added to the bottom of a Whisper White piece of card stock.  A  1/8" strip of Lovely Lipstick was adhered above this. The embossed Get Well sentiment is from "Dandelion Wishes".


I made this card especially for a friend who is undergoing surgery for breast cancer this coming week. "Know that today a friend is thinking of you"

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Painted Seasons, Dandelion Wishes, Part of My Story
Inks:  Versa Mark, Reinkers:  Lovely Lipstick, Grapefruit Grove, Pineapple Punch, Blueberry Bushel, and Call Me Clover
Papers:  Lovely Lipstick, Grapefruit Grove, Call Me Clover, Whisper White, Glossy White card stock
Accessories:  Four Seasons Framelits, Silver Embossing Powder, Rhinestones, Dimensionals, Baby Wipes



Matching images were also stamped on an envelope..

2 comments:

laurie said...

How beautiful! I love all those blooms...so pretty for spring.Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

Jaydee said...

Great use of the baby wipe technique. I love the layout of your card too. The lovely flowers remind me that spring will be here soon. So glad you Played with us at the Players this week
Jaydee