Thursday, December 27, 2018

Purse/pouch from Mailing Envelope

 hope everyone had a marvelous Christmas and Boxing Day, with quality time spent with family/friends - and of course some time spent in the craft room.

I had some fun altering some Kraft mailing envelopes (in 2 sizes), making them look like little hand bags with an extra pouch at the opposite end.

Here's one I made from a smaller Kraft envelope:

This size of envelope is perfect for decorating using retired 6 by 6" DSP packs.  In this case I used the Petals Perfect DSP pack, even cutting one of the flowers from the DSP using it as an embellishment. How you decorate is up to you and I used a lot of left over papers, ribbons, and die cuts.

This shows the front of the "purse" the flap being held down with Velcro.

So how did I get to this point?

To the left is the envelope I started with. After folding the envelope in half, I used a large black marker to freehand draw black lines  around all the edges and on both sides of the fold line in the middle. Don't worry about whether or not the lines are straight as DSP will cover up any irregularities.  Make sure you protect  your table though.

Using my trimmer,  I cut a 1/8" piece off the bottom of the envelope.  This will become a pouch.

I then covered the front and back of the envelope with the retired DSP and decorated with left over embellishments and stamped images not yet made into cards.

The image below shows the purse/pouch opened revealing the front.  The pouch in the front is large enough to fit a standard A2 card or a gift card.



Turn the item over …..


And a closer look at the pouch at the bottom:


I did alter some larger mailing envelopes, a picture of which you will see below.


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

How fun and easy! Great idea!