Saturday, December 29, 2018

Peaceful Place- another catalogue sneak peak

In less than a week the new Occasions catalogue and Sale-a-bration go live.  Today's post gives you another sneak peak not only of a stamp set, but also of an embossing folder as well as rectangular framelits.  All will be available for ordering January 3rd, 2019.

If Watercoloring is not your fort, I have designed some other cards that need no coloring on your part (other than the ink used of course)

My most favourite method is Watercoloring, so I'll start with that method.


Using the stamparatus I stamped the image with a permanent ink (Stazon or Memento) on watercolor paper (the rough side).

When the ink was dry, I used an aqua painter and ink pads to apply the following  colors over the stamped images - Old Olive and Mossy Meadow on the trees and grassy banks, Balmy Blue for the water and sky, Crumb Cake and Soft Suede for the banks and tree trunks, and Smokey slate for the rocks.  I also added some Highland Heather and Daffodil Delight to the sky with some reflections in the water.

Once dry, I added some glue from the fine tipped glue pen on the water.  This dries glossy making the water look wet.

Tearing is something I have not done for quite some time, but this technique suits the image. The torn edges were sponged with Basic Gray ink. 

Dimensionals were used to adhere this to the card front

Whisper White card stock, embossed with the new Lace Dynamic Embossing folder, was adhered to an Old Olive card base.  But, before adhering it  I added some 3/8" shiny Pear Pizzazz ribbon near the bottom.



I deliberately left a sentiment off the front allowing me to use the card for a number of different occasions.

Supplies Used:
Stamp:  Peaceful Place
Inks:  Black Memento , Old Olive, Mossy Meadow, Balmy Blue, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Smoky Slate, Highland Heather, Daffodil Delight, Basic Gray
Papers:  Old Olive, Whisper White, Watercolor paper
Accessories: Lace Dynamic embossing folder (new), 3/8" shiny Pear Pizzazz ribbon, Aqua painter, Dimensionals, Fine tipped glue pen.


Another way to use this stamp set is no coloring at all.  Do I hear yeah????

I used my stamparatus to stamp several different colors of  monochromatic images of the Peaceful Place stamp set.  With the one stamped with Mossy Meadow I used the new rectangular framelits to make a trilayer card.

The card base is Soft Suede, with Soft Suede layers between the layers.  I added two leaves punched with the Leaf punch and a sentiment notched at one end at the bottom.

I used Mossy Meadow to stamp this image, but any color could be used.  Here are some samples:


This image was stamped with Highland Heather and adhered behind a  circular aperture  die cut in the card front which is embossed with the lines and stripes embossing folder.  When I applied the glue to the water the color ran so I will be careful of that in the future.

Balmy Blue was used to stamp this image and then I die cut it with an Oval Framelit and adhered it to a top fold Whisper White card base.



My last sample has not been converted into a card.  I stamped it in Mint Macaron

Stay tuned for cards with the little squirrel on it.


No comments: