Saturday, January 6, 2018

"Spotlighting" the Flower, The Flower Challenge #16

I love flowers - real ones, making paper ones, and colouring them.  So I was very happy to find this site.
The technique on this month's flower challenge is using the spotlighting technique on a floral image.

For this challenge I pulled out one of my favourite retired background stamps "Corner Garden"

There are several ways to do this technique, but the one I chose to do was use one of the circle framelits to draw a circle around the part of the floral image I wanted to highlight, and colour only the image within the circle.

I coloured the flowers within the  circle using Stampin Blendabilities - Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Old Olive, Soft Sky and a,Berry Burst marker

When finished I added a 3D Crystal Lacquer to the flowers and added Dazzling Diamonds while the lacquer was still wet.



After the lacquer was dry (about 1/2 hour), a crumpled Berry Burst seam binding ribbon and bow to the top and an embossed sentiment from "Heartfelt Blooms"

I was amazed at how 3D the spotlighted image looked after I was finished.



To finish the card, I added it to some Berry Burst cardstock

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Corner Garden (Retired), Heartfelt Bloom (SAB)
Inks:  Black Memento, Stampin' Blendabilities (Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Old Olive, Soft Sky), Berry Burst marker, Versa Mark
Papers:  Whisper White, Berry Burst
Accessories:  1/2" Crumbled Berry Burst seam binding, 3D Crystal Lacquer (non SU), Dazzling Diamonds, Black embossing powder

No comments: