Friday, October 27, 2017

Sugarplum Dreams - ballerina

For the next 3 days I am a vendor at the Hand of Man in Peterborough, Ont.  If any of you live in the area, please stop by and visit me.

Last night I made some last minute Christmas cards, using the Sugarplum Dreams stamp set. This shaker card in silver and gold,  is a card any little girl (or big girl) would love.


Because this card has a lot of metallic elements it was really hard to get a well exposed picture.  I made 2 versions of this card - one in silver and one in gold. This one has silver foil elements.

I started with Thick Whisper White card stock and layered the front first with silver foil and then with Year of Cheer DSP.

After adhering the Silver foil and DSP layers together, I die cut an oval in the upper part of the card, large enough to fit the shaker element.  I have had these shaker domes forever and today decided to use one for an easy peasy shaker card..

Inside the shaker is a picture of a ballerina, which I coloured with the new Stampin' Blend markers.  I used the Pool Party markers, but the colour does not show well in this picture.   Around the dancer I stamped some background images in Pool Party ink.  I then die cut the image a bit larger than the oval dome, added shaker elements, and adhered the dome over the image.  Then I added glue dots to the rim of the dome and inserted the now shaker through the die cut aperture.  Now I added this layer to the card front.

To make the foil ring around the shaker, I die cut two sizes of ovals in silver foils and adhered the resultant layer to the card front.

The sprits of pine are die cut from the Pinecone Thinlets; the sentiment from Versatile Christmas.

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Sugarplum Dreams, Versatile Christmas
Inks:  Black Memento, Stampin' Blend markers, Pool Party
Papers:  Thick Whisper White, Whisper White, Silver Foil, Year of Cheer DSP
Accessories:  Layering Oval Thinlets, Pinecone Thinlet dies, Silver embossing powder, Shaker elements (non SU),  Oval shaker dome (non SU)



No comments: