Monday, June 12, 2017

A Shaker Colorful Seasons cottage scene

I never did use up all the elements of the Oct. 2016 Paper Pumpkin kit, so I had a brilliant idea to use some of them in this autumn card.

This week's class is on the Colorful Seasons - 3 cards, 3 seasons.  This will be an extra card on display for this class.

The base card is Early Espresso card stock, layered with Crumb Cake the edges of which were sponged with Early Espresso ink.

At the bottom I placed a piece of Wood Texture DSP which looks like logs stacked.  I only cut a few of the layers of wood to mimic wood stacked at a cottage. Again I sponged the edges with Early Espresso ink.

Beside the row of logs, I adhered a Muskoka chair die cut in copper foil.  Using the adhesive sheets to die cut makes the application of this die cut so easy.  No messy glue!! Have I told you how much I love, love those adhesive sheets??!!

The art piece is a window die cut using the Hearth & Home Framelit which I placed on a horizontal plane. I used the Wood Texture DSP to die cut the window and used tulle to turn it into a shaker.  The shaker elements are from the Oct. 2016 Paper Pumpkin, a perfect color for this autumn card.

Using chocolate chip card stock, I die cut a branch, and adhered 3 copper foil leaves.

The sentiment is also from the same Paper Pumpkin stamp set.

Supplies  Used:
Stamps:  Paper Pumpkin Oct. 2016
Inks:  Early Espresso
Papers:  Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Wood Texture DSP stack, Copper Foil
Accessories:  Hearth & Home window framelit, Layering Seasons Framelit, Shaker elements from Oct. 2016 Paper Pumpkin, Tulle (non SU)

No comments: