Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Beetles & Bugs Try Stampin' or Not on Tuesday #320

The optional theme for Vicki's sketch at Try Stampin' or Not on Tuesday, is May Days.  You may wonder why I have bugs on my card. Let's say I was out gardening, and some flying, biting insects were very abundant, and more abundant now since the weather warmed up.  Therefore the insect card.


 

I actually don't mind insects, but not crawling all over me.  Structurally they are quite fascinating.

I started by taking a piece of Soft Suede cardstock and embossing 6 beetle/bug images from the stamp set " Bugs & Beetles" with Black Embossing powder.

Then, using fresh ordinary household bleach and a very small paint brush, I applied bleach to these images being careful to stay within the lines.  Immediately the color of the bugs changed.  The color was enhanced when I applied heat to the images with my embossing tool.  When the images were dry, I took a Basic Black marker and reintroduced some black back into the images.

This art piece was matted with Basic Black card stock and added to the card front using dimensionals.

The basic card is Basic Black card stock, layered with So Saffron cardstock embossed with the Hexagonal embossing folder.  On the left side I added a piece of Soft Suede DSP matted with Basic Black card stock.

Emerging out from under the art piece is a die cut tree - die cut from Beautiful Branches Thinlet dies.

Supplies Used:
Stamps: Bugs & Beetles
Inks: Versa Mark, Basic Black marker
Papers: Basic Black, So Saffron, Soft Suede, Soft Suede DSP

Accessories Black embossing powder, Heat tool, Hexagonal Dynamic embossing folder, bleach, small paint brush, dimensionals.

No comments: