Thursday, February 16, 2017

A Z box pop up get well card

My friend of 47 years had open heart surgery - to replace two heart valves which were damaged when she had rheumatic fever as a child. The last couple of years have been particularly hard on her so I was very glad to hear that her surgery had finally been scheduled.

Friends are very important to me. We met when I was starting University in Kingston, Ont.  I had been working in a bush hospital in Northern Manitoba, so I could not come south soon enough to find accommodations.  My sister, living in Kingston at the time, found an apartment and a room mate for me.

This room mate and I had an immediate connection and a friendship that has survived 47 years began. She now lives in Manitoba; I live in Ontario, but despite the distance we have remained friends.

You can understand why I would want to make a very special Get Well card for her.

 I started with a Tip Top Taupe base, making another Z box pop up box.  I made a similar box yesterday where I gave a link to a tutorial I used.  See blog post here

Flowers die cut using the Succulent framelits and the Botanical builder dies were adhered to strips of window sheets which were adhered to the inserts inside the box.  Bermuda Bay glimmer butterflies were adhered randomly on various parts of the card.  They provide that touch of glimmer that I so love.

My friend loves flowers, but is not a nature person, preferring to renovate her house rather than tend to a garden.  And she's quite good at it too.

This is a sideways view of the box within the Z fold card.  The sentiment, when stamped, would have been too large for the space available for it, so I cut the sentiment into smaller pieces and adhering it to a piece of sponged Mint Macaron cardstock and then adhered some on the front, and some on the back panels.

The Mint Macaron glimmer grass was due cut using the Basket Builder framelit/die.

The Succulent DSP dresses up the card nicely.






The close up here shows the multi layered flowers with rhinestones in their centers














The card folds closed for mailing.  It will be posted in a bubble envelope hopefully today.

No comments: