Sunday, August 7, 2016

Holiday Head Start - Demonstrator Training Event July 15, 2016

Gail is one of my downlines, and on July 15 she went to Cambridge, Ont. for an all day Demonstrator Training.  I was supposed to go with her, but I had had surgery less than a week prior to the event so could not go.
I asked Gail to do a write up about the event, which I would put on my blog, and include some pictures.

Here's Gail's first blog post:



July 15, 2016 -
 And we are off to Cambridge, Ontario for my first training session as a Stampin’ Up demonstrator.  I was supposed to go with my up line, Maria, who writes this blog, but she had some scheduled surgery the previous week.

My best friend is with me, and it is a sunny afternoon, and the traffic on the 401 sounds terrible.  So we decide to take the 407.  Good decision!  We arrive 4 hours later, check in, and ask about breakfast places. We decide to go for a little drive to find the recommended restaurants.  We found 2, and then saw an outlet mall.  Kinda like seeing something shiny!!  Well, we missed the entrance, which was on another street, decided to go around the block, which included driving over the 401, down several more streets, and 10 minutes later, we pulled into the parking lot at 8:58 p.m. laughing so hard we didn't know if we could make it into the store!  We scooted in, and cruised around till they announced that the store was closing for the evening.   Guess we didn't need anything anyway.

Saturday morning we were at the door of the training room early along with most of the registrants.  Couldn't wait to start!
We loved the card making, sprinkled with 10 different business sessions throughout the day.  What organization!  I can’t say enough about how knowledgeable and organized Leena Girsa and Michelle Suit were for this event, and they will do it all over again the following weekend too!!
The following pics are just some of the beautiful cards that Leena and Michelle had us make.
There were Prize Patrols with wonderful prizes all day!  We were sooo lucky!  

Gail
 

Here are some pictures Gail took of the make and takes from that day.  Don't you wish you were there?




The technique used to make the card "thanks" (lower left) intrigues me, and I have asked Gail to demonstrate this technique to all of at the next team meeting.

Thank you very much Gail.




No comments: