Monday, August 22, 2016

Halloween Interlocking Card

The "fold" challenge with the Die Cut Exchange Group was to make an interlocking card.  Since I am on a Halloween "kick" right now, I used one of the images I had already coloured.  This is a non SU image.  It  was colored with copic markers, but the texturizing was done using the Timeless Texture stamp set.
I found the video tutorial here to be more helpful.

An interlocking card is basically a gatefold card with a hinge mechanism.
I started with a piece of 4 1/4 by 12" Whisper White cardstock, scoring at each end at 3".  When the card was closed the two ends met in the middle.

Basic Black Card stock, layered with Halloween DSP covered the two front panels.

The interlocking mechanism was made using two different sizes of the Deco Label framelit.  To give this mechanism a bit more firmness, I die cut it twice and "married" the two together.

The image and a piece of the other side of the DSP was die cut using the smaller of the  two deco labels.

After finding the mid point of the Basic Black mechanism, and the midpoint of the image, adhesive was applied to the left half of the mechanism and it was glued down.  Glue was applied to the  right half of the image and inserted into the die cut window.

Now opening the card, the image slides through the die cut mechanism.

On the inside, some of the other side of the DSP was die cut with the smaller of the two die cuts and then adhered to the inside.    A sentiment was stamped inside that. Some of the striped DSP was placed on both sides of the middle.




Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...