Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Jar of Love Christmas Card - Pal Paper Arts # 310

I'm rather tired today because I spent the night in the sleep lab.  You're supposed to sleep there, but I don't think I slept well and was awake for good at 4 a.m.  So the technician unwired me and I was home by 6 a.m.

Now I wanted to stay up to watch a video on the SU website related to the unveiling of the new Christmas catalogue, but I didn't realize that 8 am. Mountain Time was 10 a.m. Toronto time, so I gave up and went to bed.  I watched the video when I got up.

Feeling a little more awake, I came down to the craft room and made another Christmas card, this time for the sketch challenge with Pal PaperArts 
I've been itching to use the Jar of Love stamp set and coordinating framelits, so I used this as my opportunity to do so.






PPA310 A sketch Challenge
I played around with the sketch a little bit as the focal image is not the round circle but in the shape of a jar instead.
The jar is from the stamp set "Jar of Love", which I just love.  It was stamped with Black Memento and die cut using the coordinating "Everyday Jars Framelits".
Since this is a Christmas card, I wanted to put some Ivy in the jar.  So, I went to the stamp set "Embellished Ornaments" and stamped 2 Ivy images.  I coloured them with a blender pen and ink pads and then cut them out by hand - a bit fussy!!  I put them aside as I prepared the jar.  First I die cut a band that went around the jar from the Christmas DSP, stamped water (Pool Party) in the bottom of the jar, and 2 stems (Old Olive). 

The base card is Cherry Cobbler, layered with a piece of Whisper White embossed with the Boughs & Berrys embossing folder.

Before adhering the Ivy and jar some dots were stamped randomly in the center of the embossed piece with stamped off Cherry Cobbler.

The jar was adhered to the front of the card using dimensionals.  The stems of both Ivy sprigs were lined up with the stems in the jar and adhered directly to the card front.  Then a bow made with 1/8" gold taffeta ribbon was attached to the jar with a glue dot.  Some Cherry Cobbler dazzling details were applied to the Holly.

The sentiment is from the stamp set "Holly Jolly Greetings", and die cut using the Layering circle framelits, and matted with Cherry Cobbler.  It was adhered to the lower left jar with dimensionals.  Three gold metallic enamel stars were placed on the sentiment.

Below the sentiment I placed a retired wooden snowflake.

Supplies Used:
Stamps:   Love Jar, Embellished Ornaments, Holly Jolly Greetings
Inks:Black Memento, Pool Party, Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Always Artichoke.
Papers: Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, This Christmas Specialty DSP
Accessories: Everyday Jar Framelits, Layering Circles Framelits, Boughs & Berry embossing folder, Cherry Cobbler dazzling details, 1/8" gold taffeta ribbon, dimensionals, glue dots, Gold metallic enamel shapes, wooden snowflakes (retired)








No comments: