Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Card with Ombre watercoloured background.

I've been having fun today playing with the new Ombre ink pads, creating backgrounds and then making cards. I was inspired by Patty Bennett's video on the technique.

To make the backgrounds, you need watercolour paper, 2 or 3 colours of the ombre ink pads featured on page 180 of the annual catalogue, a spritzer, and something to protect your work space.

The ombre ink pads come in 3 colours:  Bermuda Bay, Rich Razzelberry, and  Calypso Coral.

Since I knew I was making a card with the background, I cut the watercolour paper to 51/4 by 4".

For the first sample, I used Bermuda Bay, and Rich Razzelberry.

Starting with the Bermuda Bay ink pad (with the lightest colour to the top), swipe the pad across the top of the watercolour paper - either diagonally in strokes or in circular motions.  I did the same with the Rich Razzellberry ink pad.

Next spritz generously with water, and let it dry. I turned the dry background piece upside down. The colour becomes a lighter shade as it dries.



  • I die cut the Detailed Floral Thinlet in Whisper White and adhered it to the watercolour background with the fine tipped glue.
  • The sentiment and the heart were die cut from the Sunshine Wishes Thinlets which I applied to the center.
  • The card front was adhered to a Bermuda Bay base.
Here's a second card, but this time the background was made using the Calypso Coral and Bermuda Bay background.


No comments: