Sunday, May 1, 2016

Happy Birthday to my Daughter - Freshly Made Sketches #234

Mother's Day is coming soon, and along with that comes my daughter's birthday.  I don't see my daughter (or the grandchildren) very much due to distance, so I am including a brief note for each of the children inside the card.
I used the sketch challenge with Freshly Made Sketches to design the front of the card.  In the corner of the picture you will see a small snippet of the Balloon Builder punch.  I was using it as a weight to keep the card closed.

The base card is Bermuda Bay, layered with Whisper White cardstock.  On the left corner, I used the tiny balloon stamp from "Party Wishes" and Bermuda Bay ink to create a strip of DSP.
The Balloons were stamped using the "Balloon Celebration" stamp set - 2 large ones in Watermelon Wonder, and a large and small one in Bermuda Bay.  They were punched out using the coordinating Balloon Builder punch.  The balloon string was stamped with Black Memento, and then the balloons were added to the card.  The two balloons in Bermuda Bay were adhered using dimensionals.
Watermelon bows were stamped at the neck of the balloons of similar color.
Clear wink of stella glimmer brush was used on the balloons, and then some in-color sequins were adhered using crystal effects.

Stamps: Party Wishes, Balloon Celebration
Inks: Bermuda Bay, Watermelon Wishes, Black Memento
Papers: Bermuda Bay, Whisper White
Accessories: Balloon punch, in-color sequins, Crystal effects, Wink of stella (clear) glimmer brush, dimensionals.

No comments: