Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Altered telephone and address book - Paper Players #282

One item my customers at craft fairs always ask me for is an address and telephone book.  Because most people put that information in their cell phones, these items have become a rare commodity.  When I do find some I stock up because I know I will be able to sell them.

Craft shows are coming soon, so I am busy making items for my table.  One such item is an altered telephone book and I used the colour challenge with The Paper Players    to do so.

 

The Botanical Builder framelit/dies have got to be my favourite product from the Occasions catalogue.  As you can see, I used them to create the flowers and flower centers that I arranged on the front of the book.  The book itself has been covered with Basic Black cardstock, so the colours really popped on that background.

For the letters, I used the retired Timeless Type Alphabet Junior Sizzlets.

A piece of Pool Party ribbon was tied around the phone book near the spiral rings.

In the center of each flower and the spiral pattern, I used the ice white pearl pen

Papers: Basic Black, Pool Party, Daffodil Delight, and Tangerine Tango
Accessories: 1/4" Pool Party ribbon, Timeless Type Alphabet Junior Sizzlets, Pearl Pen, Botanical builder framelits/dies.

No comments: