Thursday, October 15, 2015

Peace to You and Yours - Friday Mashup #229

Normally colour challenges throw me off, but I thought I would try this one with the Friday Mashup 

 


The challenge here is as follows:


  • Use all 5 or 3 of the colors listed above.
  • Create a project using a Masking Techniques.
  • or Mash it Up! and create a project with the colors above and some Masking.
On my card, I used the following colours:  black, Island Indigo, Daffodil Delight, and Crushed Currie.  I did do some masking, covering up the moon before I sponged the sky.

  • The basic card is Island Indigo cardstock, layered with Whisper White.
  • On a smaller piece of Whisper White, I stamped the image from "To You and Yours Too" with Versa Mark and embossed it with black embossing powder.
  • A 1 3/4" circle post it note was punched and temporarily adhered to the right upper sky.
  • Island Indigo was sponged first starting at the sky line and lightly working upward, leaving a space around the moon.
  • Daffodil Delight was then sponged around the moon, with Crushed Curry closer to the moon.
  • After the mask was removed, some Daffodil  Delight was applied to the moon.
  • The image of santa and his sleight from "Cosy Christmas" was stamped with Black Memento flying across the sky and over the moon.
  • To make the sparkles in the sky, the new Fine Tipped Glue pen was tapped lightly all over the sky, and dazzling diamonds applied.
  • The sentiment is from "Happy Scenes".  A bow made of silver cord was adhered to this banner with a glue dot. 
Supplies Used:
Stamps: To You and Yours Too, Cozy Christmas, Happy Scenes
Inks: Versa Mark, Island Indigo, Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry, Black Memento
Papers: Island Indigo, Whisper White
Accessories: Black embossing powder, 1 3/4" circle punch, Fine tip glue pen, silver cording trim, glue dot, embossing buddy


I missed the linky, so I'll share this card with you.


No comments: