Sunday, October 25, 2015

All Ye Faithful - The Paper Players #268

I must admit that I tried several different stamp sets to go with the sketch challenge at The Paper Players  and one by one I discarded them.
Then I espied the nativity scene in "All Ye Faithful" and sketched it out before committing it to a card.  I think it works well.

 

  • The base cardstock is Soft Suede and layered on that is Crumb Cake cardstock which I initially marked into 3 pieces, each 1.25".  A 2 1/2" Crumb Cake circle was also punched.
  • The Three Kings were stamped in the upper right corner being careful not to have one of their faces cut off later when I cut this layer into 3 strips.
  • Mary, Joseph and newborn were stamped into the circle.
  • Then I started colouring using a blender pen and ink pads.  The new family first; followed by the 3 Kings.
  • The crumb cake layer was then cut into 3 equal pieces, and the edges sponged with Soft Suede ink.  These strips were adhered to the Crumb Cake base card.
  • The edges of the circle were also sponged, and it was attached to the card using dimensionals.
  • A Champagne glimmer star (die cut using the Star framelits) was adhered to the upper left circle throwing light on the scene unfolding outside.
  • The sentiment's edges were sponged and it was then adhered using both tombo and dimensionals.
  • To give the background some glitter, I used the tip of the Fine Tipped Glue pen and gently dabbed all over the area.  Then I threw some Dazzling details over the area.
Supplies Used: 
Stamp: All Ye Faithful
Inks: Black Memento, Soft Suede, Pool Party, Hello Honey, Elegant Eggplant, Island Indigo, Pink Pirouette
Papers: Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Champagne glimmer paper
Accessories: Star framelits, Fine tipped glue pen, Dazzling diamonds, blender pen, dimensionals,

No comments: