Monday, September 7, 2015

Time for Fishing - The Friday Mashup #224

The challenge this week with the Friday Mashup  is to make a card with a hunting or a fishing theme, using the following colours:  Early Espresso, Wild Wasabi, and Marina Mist.  I'm afraid I forgot about the colours required for the challenge, so I used some different colours.  I managed to get Marina Mist in, but that's all.  But my card does have a fishing theme.  So I'm going to share the card I made.

  • To make the image, I sponged the following colours on a piece of Whisper White paper:  Marina Mist, Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight, Tangelo Twist,
  • The stamps are from Stampscape.  They were stamped with Archival Ink (Black to create the scene).  The entire piece was embossed using clear embossing powder.
  • The fish on the right side are from "By the Tide" stamp set.  They were coloured with alcohol markers, cut out and embossed  using clear embossing powder.  A tiny hole was pierced near the tip of the mouth (I used a piercing tool) and a piece of linen thread was inserted through them to anchor the fish together.  The fish were mounted on a piece of blue cardstock using dimensionals.
  • The sentiment is from another fishing stamp set I have.  It is stamped in Archival ink on crumb cake cardstock and  punched with the word window punch and matted with a piece of  Modern Word label punch.
Supplies Used:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...