Friday, September 4, 2015

Thankful for You - Freshly Made Sketches #202

Making a card that is clean and fresh is very difficult for me. I love to put as much as I can on a card, but that's not the intent of this site, and this challenge.
I hope my card, this week, is clean and fresh enough.





  •  I started by making the center background panel.  To make this background, I applied markers from the subtle family on an acrylic block, spritzed it lightly with water, and stamped it on a piece of Whisper white cardstock.
  • When it was dry, I adhered it to the center of a 4 by 5 1/4" piece of Whisper White cardstock
  • Then I stamped the branch image from Summer Silhouettes in Memento ink, so that it extended from the edge of the cardstock onto the background panel.
  • The sentiment, from Sheltering Tree, was stamped on a strip of Marina Mist which was notched at both ends and this strip was adhered just below the top of the image panel.
  • A nordic designer button (retired) was threaded with White Baker`s twine and this twine was tied into a bow.  It was attached to the top of the Marina Mist strip with a glue dot.
Supplies Used:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

3 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

This is wonderfully clean and fresh. I love that background! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

2dogs2luv said...

such a nice technique; your card is perfect to me!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh this is just wonderful! What a creative and colourful background you;ve used. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!