Monday, August 10, 2015

Market Fresh - Three 4 by 4 cards

I deliberately made these cards smaller because while doing craft shows I noticed people were really drawn to the smaller cards.  Most thought my business cards were actually cards and were interested in buying them.
These cards are 4 by 4", so I used the Envelope Maker to make the envelopes.

These are the 3 cards.  I coloured them during a lull in one of my craft shows, and today made them into cards.  I think these will be the first cards for class this fall.  If we have time each person will make a Berry Basket to put them in.

Card 1:  Lettuce:
  • The base card is Old Olive.  The top section was made using the new stripes decorative mask.  Using a dauber I added Old Olive ink first in one direction and then at right angles to that - thus creating the gingham look.  This I layered with Daffodil Delight cardstock and adhered it to the top of the card.
  • The lettuce was coloured with markers and an aqua painter.  The banner was stamped a second time, coloured with Soft Suede and Daffodil Delight ink and a blender pen, cut out, and adhered it over top of the banner on the card using dimensionals.
  • The image panel was matted first with Daffodil Delight and then Old Olive cardstock. This was adhered to the card front slightly off center using dimensionals.
Card 2: Strawberries

  • The base card is Old Olive, with a strip of DSP from Pretty Petals DSP stack was adhered to the left side.
  • The image itself was stamped with Memento ink onto Whisper White cardstock, trimmed to 2 1/8" and punched with the Ornate Tag Topper punch.  A piece of Calypso Coral thick Baker's twine was tied at the top.
  • Using Old Olive ink, dots from the stamp set "Kinda Eclectic" was stamped randomly on the tag around the image.
  • Again, as in the previous card, the banner was stamped a second time on a scrap piece of Whisper White, and coloured with Pear Pizzazz and a blender pen.  It was then cut out and adhered over the original banner using dimensionals.
  • The tag was adhered to the front of the card using dimensionals.
Card 3:  Grapes
  • The Base card is Crumb Cake cardstock, embossed with the new Brick embossing folder on just the front.
  • A banner was made using a strip of Whisper White cardstock, and  the dots decorative mask and Blackberry Bliss ink.  It was cut to about 3/4" wide and notched at both ends.  It was added to the front of the card at an angle.
  • The image of the grapes was coloured with markers and an aqua painter.  The image was trimmed and the corners rounded with the corner rounder punch.
  • Again, the banner was stamped a second time, coloured with Crumb cake and a blender pen, cut out, and adhered over the original banner with dimensionals.
  • The image was adhered to the front of the card with tombo.

Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...