Sunday, August 9, 2015

A Sea Turtle Happy Birthday - Hand Stamped Sentiments #217

It's been a while since I've done some sketch challenges because I've been so busy with craft shows, teaching sessions, etc.
Today I thought I would do the sketch challenge with Hand Stamped Sentiments
I had previously coloured the images of the Sea Turtles from the stamp set "From Land to Sea" while I was at a craft show, and they fit perfectly into the image of the sketch.
  • The base card is Always Artichoke, layered with Basic black, and then Whisper White.
  • Using Marina Mist and the background stamp with "You've Got This" the Whisper White was stamped, and then I took one of the other stamps from the same set and stamped it over the background.  You can see the tail of it under the sentiment.
  • The Sea Turtles were cut into 3 pieces, 2 pieces smaller than the 3rd.  The corners were rounded as per the diagram, and the edges were sponged first with Marina Mist and then Pacific Point ink.
  • I drew some bubbles over the turtle's head, and motion marks around the feet.
Here's a close up of the turtle.

  • These image panels were attached to the stamped background using dimensionals.
  • The sentiment is from "Bring on the Cake" stamp set, and the edges of this banner was also sponged with Marina Mist and Pacific Point ink.
Supplies Used:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...