Saturday, August 29, 2015

Looking Out the Window - Try Stampin' On Tuesday #233

My black cat Mischief loves to look out the window and makes the funniest noises when he sees a bird or a squirrel.  He sits so that he can see the bird bath in the summer and facing the lilac bush in the winter.
When I saw the sketch with Try Stampin on Tuesday I immediately visualized my cat sitting at the window.  I did make this a Christmas card, but I did not put a sentiment on it.

 

  • The base card is a Cherry Cobbler top fold 4 1/4 by 11" card, layered with a Crumb Cake piece of cardstock embossed with the Brick Wall embossing folder.
  • I used the Home for Christmas DSP to make the banner, and matted it with Gold Glimmer paper
  • There are such wonderful stamp sets and framelits in the new Holiday catalogue, that I just had to use some of this to create this card.
I used the following:  Hearth & Home framelits to die cut the window in Whisper White
                                   Happy Scenes stamp set to create the winter scene behind the window
                                   A piece of window sheet is attached behind the window
                                   Festive Fireplace stamp set to stamp the wreath, bow and cat
                                   Festive Fireside Framelits to die cut the wreath, bow, cat and stockings

  • The scene was stamped in Mossy Meadow, with the sky sponged in Marina Mist.  The snow flakes were stamped with Pacific Point ink.  Dazzling diamonds make the snowflakes and the ground sparkle.  A bit of Liquid Applique and the heating tool gives the illusion of fallen snow on the trees.
  • The wreath was stamped in Old Olive, with the red berries painted with a blender pen and Real Red ink.  The bow was stamped in Real Red.
  • My cat is black, so this cat was coloured black using black ink and a blender pen.
  • I used a lot of glue dots to adhere everything together.
Supplies Used:

 
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
           

2 comments:

Cindy Major said...

Great card! I love how you used the new stuff from the Holidays catalogue.

TFS!
Cindy

Crystal Komara said...

What a great idea to use the new window frame in this sketch. It worked perfectly. Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday, Maria! Crystal