Monday, July 20, 2015

Christmas in July - Part 2 Running Large Events (Buffets)

Another business tip that was discussed was "Taking the Fear out of Running Large Events".  Now I do an all day Christmas card making event, so my ears perked up when I heard this.

One form is  "Card Buffets", and she runs them once per quarter, and has a maximum number of 6 students.  They are offered Thursday,and Friday, evening from 6:30 to 9:30 and Saturday morning from 9 until 12.  She charges $2.50 per card with a minimum of 4  cards per person.  This fee includes all supplies, including adhesives and envelopes.  Participants may make as many cards as they like in that 3 hour slot.

She describes the logistics of holding a card buffet, and this is certainly something I will be trying. Unfortunately I will have to work them around my craft shows.

Leena also briefly discussed holding a one day event.

All-in-all some very worthwhile information.

Here are some more pictures of display projects:
More pictures tomorrow.  I will also start posting pictures of the make and takes, which, by the way were awesome!  I can't believe we did so many in such a short period of time.

No comments: