Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Pop Up Post It Note Holder

I wanted to make some Post-It note holders from my craft sale, but inadvertently bought the wrong kind of Post-It notes - the Pop Up kind.  I do not like that kind, but I challenged myself to make the "most of it".  So, I redesigned a template I saw on Pinterest, as that one was for the smaller notes.  I will put a tutorial on my Tutorial Blog in the next day or so.

Here is what I came up with:

A little box that has a slit sized opening made with the Word Window punch to allow the post it notes to be pulled out one at a time.  The box is held closed by a ribbon, which can be undone and a new note put inside.

Here is a front view that shows the note protruding through the aperture.
I made 6 of them tonight, but I also made regular post it note holders with mini gel pens along the side..  Here are the 6

As I mentioned, I redesigned a template I saw on Pinterest to accommodate my larger notes.

Here is the template:





I started with a piece of cardstock 7 5/8 by 4 1/2", scoring it at 1", 3 5/8", 4 1/8" and 7 1/2" on the short end.  On the long end, each side was scored at 1"

The folds were burnished well with a bone folder, after which the cardstock was cut on the lines indicated by the dark purple markings.

Fold the 1" fold on the "A" side, and insert the Word Window punch in as far as it will go, and punch once, then move the punch to either side of that to create a big enough aperture for the post it note.

Make a box.

Insert the post it note in the box with the top post it note protruding through the aperture. 

Decorate the box.  Keep it closed with a ribbon.

As I mentioned, I will do a better tutorial on my Tutorial blog in the next day or so.




No comments: