Friday, April 24, 2015

Octagon Box With Removable Lid

I have been working very hard getting ready for a craft show on May 2.

Today  I focused on making 4 Octagon boxes with removable lids.  These would make great containers to put a small gift or some treat inside.

To make the box I used a video I found on Pinterest made by Beth Beard. She does an excellent job explaining how to make this box.

The lid of each box is decorated, which takes some time to do.  I managed to finish two of them today.  These two I will post today.
 
The box is made using the retired Mini Milk Carton die.

The first one I made I used Rose Red cardstock and Painted Bloom DSP.

Side View



The box with the lid removed.

The box lid is decorated using a die and a punch.  A retired scallop circle die was used to create the Old Olive base.  Every other scallop was snipped, and a small skewer was used to curl up the ends.  I turned it upside down before adhering it to the lid top.
On top of this Old Olive base, are adhered 3 roses made using the Blossom Petals punch, each rose a different colour - one Rose Red, one Melon Mambo, and one blackberry Bliss.


A better view of the decorated lid.

Here's another one I made but this time in black and white.

The base is Basic black, with the panels decorated with Very Vanilla and Typeset DSP sponged with
Baked Brown Sugar ink.
The edge of the lid is decorated with retired Baked Brown sugar ruffled ribbon.

The lid was decorated with 3 layers of cones, with a green flower in the center.

The octagon boxes are a bit tricky to make, but once you make a few, it gets easier.






No comments: