Saturday, February 14, 2015

Thinking of You - Wetlands with Blendabilities background

I made quite a few samples of card fronts using the technique I described in my tutorial here Today I used the backgrounds to make cards.
I'll post each card separately, as I used various styles and different stamp sets to make cards.

For the background of this card, I used the following blendabilities on shiny cardstock (I have yet to try it on photopaper): Bermuda Bay, Crumb Cake, Daffodil Delight, and Old Olive.  I used the dark shades of each of the colours with the exception of Crumb Cake.

Please note that it was hard to take pictures of these cards because the lights caused "flashes" on the card.

Here's how the card turned out:


This is the side view

Using Black Stazon, the image of the Sandpipers from the stamp set: "Wetlands" was stamped twice near the bottom where it appeared there was a brownish area.

I used no ribbons or embellishments letting the background be the focal point.

The basic card is Crumb Cake cardstock, layered with Bermuda Bay, and then layered with the blendabilities layer.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


In addition I used Glossy Cardstock.

No comments: