Friday, February 13, 2015

Sending Wishes Your Way

This card was made using a new Technique - making backgrounds with blendabilities and alcohol on glossy cardstock.  I did a photo tutorial on my tutorial blog here as I couldn't get my video camera to work.  There's still some learning to do here.

I stamped 3 flowers from the "Petal Poutpourri" stamp set using black stazon ink onto one of my background pieces.  In this instance I used Crumb Cake, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, and Wisteria Wonder.

The flowers were punched out using the coordinating punch.  The center of the flower was punched from a different part of the background piece that had more yellow on it.  First I used the 3/4" circle punch, and then the 1/2" circle punch.  They were adhered together, and then added to the flower with a dimensional.

The fern leaf is from "Butterfly Basics" and is stamped with Old Olive ink.  The fern beside it was stamped without reinking the stamp.

Once the ferns were stamped, I made an executive decision to use only 1 of the flowers as 3 made the card look too busy.  I added it near the bottom of the card using dimensionals.  A piece of melon Mambo ribbon was attached underneath the flower.

An itty butterfly was stamped and punched out with the Itty Bitty Butterfly punch and added to the top left of the card using a glue dot.

Here are the supplies used:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


In addition, I used Glossy Cardstock and Rubbing alcohol.

No comments: