Saturday, February 21, 2015

Thanks a Million - a Confetti Card for Try Stampin' on Tuesday #206

We had quite the snowfall today.  I didn't want to go out, but I had a student coming for a private lesson so I had to go out and shovel.  Then I called an elderly friend only to find that she was quite ill and had no groceries in the house.  So, out I went to the grocery store and then to her house.  I did not go inside as I didn't want to pick up her bug. 
The local roads were atrocious!  The plows had not been out - except to fill in my driveway of course, and where my friend lived no plowing had happened at all.  Thank goodness for snow tires.  I could pick out cars without snows on a mile away.  "Slip slidding away...."

Anyway, I digress.
I had time today to make a card for the sketch challenge with Try Stampin' on Tuesday here  I've been trying to use my SAB products, and this card was no exception.  I also made the card a confetti card (some people call it faux shaker).  The window sheet I used for this made it difficult to take the picture without some sort of glare.


 

I cut a piece of Irresistably Yours DSP (SAB) into  three 1 1/8 panels.  Each panel was coloured one of the SAB colours - Calypso Coral, Crushed Curry, and Coastal Cabana.  Then I added a 1 1/4" white Tulle ribbon around the middle.

In the center is the sentiment, embosssed in silver, behind the "shaker" element.  First I cut 2 pieces of Window Sheets 3 by 3", and adhered 3 sides together using Washi tape.  The one side was left open in order to add the confetti.

The confetti was made using the Star Border punch on a piece of Coastal Cabana, Crushed Curry, Calypso Coral, and some Dazzling diamonds glimmer paper. The resultant "confetti" was added between the window sheets and the open end sealed with Washi tape.

In this view you can see the confetti between the window sheets.

Then on a 3 by 3 piece of Whisper White cardstock, I embossed the sentiment with silver embossing powder.  I attached it to the bottom of the confetti sac.

This unit was attached to the card using dimensionals.

For embellishments, I punched 2 of each colour of cardstock using the flower punch from the Itty Bitty Accent pack.  They were attached with glue dots, as indicated in the picture.  Rhinestones were placed in the center.

Here's a list of supplies that I used:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog








Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...