Sunday, February 1, 2015

Happy Birthday Concertina Card with the Scallop Tag Topper punch

My very special friend, whom I roomed with when I went to University (many moons ago) is having a birthday on a few weeks.  I wanted to make her a very special birthday card, as we have been through so much together.  It really is amazing that we have kept in touch all these years, through many moves, through getting married, having children, moving to different provinces, to getting divorced and now being grandparents.  I love her to bits!  She came to visit me this summer all the way from Manitoba (she actually drove and camped along the way) and it was so good to see her.  Somehow the years have not changed her.

Anyway, back to the birthday card.
I watched a You Tube video on a special fold card called a concertina card here.  Joanne James did a marvelous job as she takes you through making this card step by step.  I was inspired to make this card, and yes it did take me a long time, especially decorating the inside, but I love it, and so will my friend.

The card is so long, that I had to take 2 pictures of the inside side by side. Then I folded the card partially and was able to get a picture of the entire inside.







I used mainly Sale-a-bration products. However, the sentiment "Happy" came from the stamp set "Celebrate Today" and the letters were die cut using the Timeless Type Alphabet Junior Sizzlets - now retired.

Here's a list of the products used:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


I also used rhinestones on the centers of the flowers and butterflies.

No comments: