Friday, February 6, 2015

Alcohol Ink Coasters and Candle

I've been playing with the Alcohol Inks again.  This time I tried something new - applying alcohol ink on a candle.  This time the candle was a full sized 6" taper candle (white).  I also made 2 coasters for Valentine's Day - using the same colours as on the candle - pink and purple.

The candle didn't turn out very well the first go around, so I just spritzed the dried alcohol ink on the craft mat and rerolled the candle in it.  This second go around was much better, and this is the one I will show you.

 This picture shows the two coasters and the candle together. As usual I waterproofed and heat proofed the coasters, painted the bottom and sides and put on felt feet.





Here's one of the coasters so that you can see the texture in it a little better.  I was actually surprised that they turned out as well as they did, because Alcohol inks can be very unpredictable.

This is a cose up of the candle.  I decorated the candle by putting a piece of DSP upon which I had added a 1 1/2" Vanilla ribbon with picot edges (and in the middle of that the raspberry ripple stitched ribbon) around the bottom of the candle.  To that I attached 3 roses, 2 of which I made using the Blossom punch.  The tiny one is from a kit that is now retired.  I attached them to the band surrounding the candle using a hot glue gun.

I found an old clear glass saucer, perfect for placing the candle on, and surrounded it with Hearts punched with the Sweetheart punch in Red glimmer and Purple glimmer paper.




Now the next 2 coasters are totally different.  They are done in tones of blues and greens and yellows with some blue thrown in.



 I really enjoy upcycling larger ceramic tiles into trivets and smaller ones into coasters.  They make a great addition to my craft table.


Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...