Friday, December 5, 2014

New Year's Eve Wine Tag

The same lady who requested the New Year's card in the previous post, also requested a wine label.  I hope she likes what I put together.


Two colours were used  for this tag - Pool Party and silver.

The main tag was made using Pool Party card stock, and layered with Silver Foil Designer Vellum.
It is 10" long and  2 3/4" wide and scored   3" from the top. Using a  1 1/4" circle punch, a hole was punched in the middle so that it could hang on the wine bottle.

The tag itself was die cut using the Banner Framelit - making it longer by extending the top end of the cardstock over the cutting edge rather than under it.  I layered this with the Silver Foil Designer Vellum.  I really liked the way that looked - very rich and classy.  The Vellum was divided into 2 pieces - one for the tag portion and one for the top.  After the top portion was adhered (using a vellum adhesive), the 1 1/4" circle punch was again used to punch through the vellum.

I wanted to dress up the wine bottle hold a bit, so I took a piece of silver foil sheet, punched a 1 1/4" circle in it, and then punched a 1 3/4" scallop circle punch centered around it.  This I adhered around the wine bottle hole.

On the tag portion, I scalloped the top and bottom edges of a piece of silver foil sheet, using the scallop edge punch and adhered it to the middle of the tag.

Then I made a rosette  using two 1 1/2" strips of Pool Party card stock which I put through the Big Shot on the Rosette die. The 2 strips were adhered together to make the rosette.

The rosette was attached to the middle of the silver foil sheet using hot glue.  On the top of the rosette I attached a silver glitter snowflake which was die cut using the snow flurries framelit.  In the center of this I adhered a 3/4" silver foil circle and then a large rhinestone.

The sentiment  from "Good Greetings" wa sstamped with Versa Mark on Pool Party cardstock,  embossed with silver embossing powder, matted with silver foil sheet, notched at both ends and then adhered to the top of the tag.

Beneath this a silver satin bow which was adhered using glue dots.

The result if a very classy looking New Year's Eve wine tag.

Here's the supply list:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments: