Saturday, November 15, 2014

Lindsay Craft and Home Show

This is a 2 day Christmas craft show in Lindsay, about 45 minutes north of Peterborough. It is being held in conjunction with the Home Show.
We had the opportunity to set up our booth the day prior to the start of the show.  So, I decided to take advantage of that.
Have you ever read an e-mail a million times and still got the information wrong?  Well, that's what happened to me. 
I had had a very stressful day with my daughter who is going through a horrendous divorce.  I was so stressed I did not read the e-mail correctly.  According to the e-mail, the set up time was from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday.  What time did I read?  7 to 9 p.m.  How I got that I have no idea, but I left the house at 6:30 figuring I would have plenty of time to set up and get home in time to go to bed early.
Of course that didn't happen, because no sooner had I unloaded the car and started to set up, the building was closed.
Here is a picture of me unloading the car.  I had the tables and a few boxes on a dolly.  The rest of the containers were already in the building.  It's very dark, and there is a bit of snow on the ground.

This is about as far as I got with setting up the night before.  Tables and chairs were not provided so I had to lug all that with me.

The next morning I left the house about 6:30 A.M. so I would have plenty of time before the show opened at 9 am.  If there's anything I hate is being rushed.  The set up went very smoothly and I had some time left over to walk around to see what other vendors were selling.

Here's 2 side views of  my set up.  The lighting in the building wasn't very good so I had to play with my photo shop program a bit.


Today was a wonderful day.  The attendance was good and sales were brisk.  I sold out of a number of items including Stepper Boxes, owl book marks, butterfly bookmarks, decorated note pads, ball ornaments, and serious damage was done to my Christmas cards.  I went from 2 racks of cards to one rack.  And, I have 2 more shows to go.  I was very tired by the end of the day (5 p.m) but went straight to work after eating supper.

I was amazed at the number of individuals who told me they were looking for a Stampin' Up demonstrator in the Lindsay area.  I gave out a number of catalogues, and my contact information.

By the way, I had a wonderful compliment from an elderly gentleman who took one of my business cards.  "This is one of the nicest business cards I have ever seen!"  He told me I should go into the business (of making business cards for other people).

All in all, I had a great day.

Tomorrow it starts all over again, but I don't expect as many sales.  The Santa Claus parade starts at 1 p.m so most people will be out there watching for Santa.  I'm bringing work with me to do.

No comments: