Wednesday, October 22, 2014

More Decorated Note Pads

Today I decorated 2 notepads, both very different from each other.
The first I used card stock and used Apothecary accents and ribbons to keep the note pad closed.  The second I decorated a DVD case (SU stamp case) and then decorated the note pad.  Enclosed in that is a bead covered pen.

Here is the first:





The cardstock is Rich Razelberry with Sweet Taffy DSP.  I used the same measurements I used in yesterday's blog here  But instead of using tags to keep the note pad cover closed, I die cut 2 Apothecary accents in Rich Razellberry, and cut off the tips.  They were both embossed with the Polka dot embossing folder.  For each die cut I punched a 1" white circle and a 3/4" Rich Razzelberry circle, adhered then together and attached them to the die cut.  Then I punched a hole in the middle of this.  White taffeta ribbon was thread through these holes and tied in a bow to keep the note pad closed.

Stamp: Kinda Eclectic
Inks: Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz, Rich Razzelberry
Papers: Rich Razzelberry, Sweet Taffy DSP, Whisper White
Accessories: Apothecary Accents framelit, 1" circle punch, 3/4" circle punch, hand held punch, white taffeta ribbon, Polka dot embossing folder, rhinestones

The second one is in a DVD case?

This is the outside with the case closed.  I inserted a piece of  Sweet Taffy DSP between the sleeve and the case.  On one side I stamped and coloured the image from "A Sweet Smile", and attached it to a Tempting Turquoise Labels framelit die cut.  Behind that I placed a strip of Daffodil Delight cardstock and adhered a piece of Rich Razzelberry chevron ribbon to it.

I coloured the image using a combination of blendabilities and watercolour pencils.


Opened up you see the decorated note pad on the left side (I cut it down to the 3rd line from the bottom), and on the right cover I made 2 envelopes using the Envelope die decorating them with the Sweet Taffy DSP.

I then decorated an RSVP pen by wrapping sticky tape around the pen in a spiral pattern and rolled it in red microbeads.  The beads stay on really well.


No comments: