Sunday, October 12, 2014

Buckhorn Craft Show Day 2

And what a day it was!
I was a bit disconcerted that I couldn't find my camera but I found it at Buckhorn in my repair kit.  Yes, I always take a repair kit in case anything falls apart etc.  What a relief to finally find it!

I thought I would start out the day with a sweet good will gesture. With a handful of decorated lollipops in hand, I went from vendor to vendor handing each a lollipop.  They were so surprised and pleased and I must admit I felt good.  Later some came and visited my booth and even made some purchases - but that's not why I did it.

The day was awesome!  I was so busy I was run off my feet, and by the end of the day I could hardly talk.  I sold a lot of everything, from cards to trivets to Halloween and Thanksgiving treats, even selling out of at least 7 different items.  I've got my work cut out for me this week, replacing those items as I have another 3 day craft show (Hand of Man) next weekend.

My sales total was well over $230.00.

Here are some pictures of the items on my table.  Keep in mind that a lot of these items are no longer there as they were sold.

These are some of my Christmas cards.  I have others laying on the table to entice people to come look.
There are gift card holders on the left.

I brought my rack of all occasion cards, and sold quite a few from different categories. To the right you can see a rack where I have gift tags hanging.

This is the rack of Halloween and Thanksgiving cards.  Today I put the Thanksgiving cards on 1/2 price sale - which really stimulated sales.  You can see a couple of the Witches shoes in front of the rack.


In the middle of the table I have an elevated area upon which I place a few items which will hopefully catch people's eyes.  The framed picture is one I did with alcohol inks on shiny cardstock.

Halloween candy was a favourite with all.  One lady came and bought all of these for her grandchildren.  The plate is a spider web plate I bought in the dollar store.
I packaged decorated lollipops in cello bags and decorated the tops of the bags.  Some were pumpkins and others were Halloween figures.  I think by the end of the day there were 3 bags left.

Some trivets that come in 2 sizes.  One lady said to me that what attracted her to the trivets was the attractive packaging.  She ended up buying a large one.

Trivets, ornaments , candles and coasters.

Three of several types of ornaments.  These I hung on the wall.

This framed picture would be perfect for a little girl's room.

Some of the out cabins.  Originally I was assigned one of these cabins, but because my stuff is mainly paper I asked very nicely if I could be indoors in the community center.  The organizer was able to find an indoor spot for me.  I was very happy as it was cold and miserable yesterday, a little warmer today, but still chilly.

I hope tomorrow is as good as today was.











No comments: