Friday, October 10, 2014

Another White Winter card

I'm at a craft fair today, but I had this card prepared for posting.

I'm really fascinated by the White winter Stamp set.  I have been inspired to make many different Christmas cards, all of which I have posted on this blog.  This time the image is created in a circle and I use the polar bear which I stamped separately and cut out.  If I had been thinking clearly I could have used the masking technique, but alas did not think of that until the sky had been sponged.

The sky is sponged with Marina Mist and Pacific Point inks.  Then I used white acrylic paint and the end of a paint brush to dab on snow flakes.
Memento ink was used to stamp the trees and the cardinals, both of which were coloured with blendabilities.
To mimic snow on the ground, some dazzling diamonds was added.  The time of day must be dawn as the snow covered ground looks blue, something which is very typical in the winter time - here in Ontario anyway.
The image was die cut using the circles framelit, and matted with a Starburst framelit in Pacific Point cardstock.  The two were attached together using dimensionals.  Then some silver glass glitter was added around the perimeter of the circle.
The ribbon used was 1 1/4" striped Pacific Point, which I cut in half lengthwise and frayed.

Stamps: White Christmas, More Merry Messages
Inks:Memento, Blendabilities, Marina Mist, Pacific Point, White Acrylic Paint (non SU)
Papers: Pacific Point, Whisper White, Silver Glimmer
Accessories: Circles framelits, Starburst framelit, 1 1/4" striped Pacific Point ribbon, starburst folder (retired), dimensionals, silver glass glitter, dazzling diamonds

No comments: