Saturday, September 6, 2014

Halloween Wine Tags

One thing I always make for my craft table is wine tags and they sell quite well. The wine tag I want to show you today is the one for Halloween.  The colour scheme is orange and black.






I made the tags using the Banner framelit, using the second largest one.  To make the tag longer than the actual framelit, I extended the cardstock over the top of the top edge rather than below it, and then when I put it through the Big Shot the top edge was not cut.
Each tag was scored 3" from the top and a 1 1/4" circle punch was used to punch the opening for the wine bottle.

The bottom part of the tag was embossed with the arrow embossing folder, and then I adhered a piece of black card stock near the middle of the tag.  The rosette was made using retired Halloween paper, and the sentiment and other stamping were from a retired Halloween stamp.  The bats were also punched using the retired bat punch. I made the eyes on the bats using a white gel pen. The rosette was completed by attaching a bow made of 1/8" black taffeta ribbon.

Stamp:
Ink: Basic Black
Papers: Pumpkin  Pie, Basic Black, Retired Halloween DSP, Whisper White
Accessories: Banner framelits, Arrow Embossing Folder, Bat punch (retired), White gel pen, 1/8" black taffeta ribbon, glue gun, 1 1/4" circle punch

No comments: