Thursday, September 4, 2014

Designer Shoes with candy in cello packs for Halloween


I have a lot of craft shows coming up and I wanted to  include some Halloween goodies in an attractive package.  Shoes were my answer!  I had made paper shoes before but this time I thought I would go way out and decorate it to the T's. I think I succeeded so well that you can hardly see the shoe in the picture. Each shoe was made using retired Halloween DSP.


Inside the shoe I place 3 cello packs filled with candy.  The tops of each of the cello packs were decorated using retired Halloween stamps and a few embellishments.  On the cello packs themselves I adhered a large black bug. You can see the bug better in the picture below. I had the stamp for this bug for some time, but had not used it before until now.  After stamping it I covered it with Crystal Effects and cut it out.  It's rather creepy looking. I really don't like bugs, especially big ones.

The top front of the shoe was decorated with a grungy looking flowers and then I tied a large black bow above it.

To keep the cello packs stable and prevent the shoe from falling over I tied a second ribbon around them near the top.

No package is complete without a tag, so I used the stamp set "Mingle All the Way" and die cut it with a Banners framelits.  Above the sentiment I adhered some Washi tape, then a bat using the retired bat punch.  This tag was attached to the top ribbon.

 As I'm not sure how well they will sell, I made 2 for Halloween and 2 for Thanksgiving - as a test run for future sales. 

I used the template for the witches shoe designed by Ellen Hudson, which a number of years ago I was able to download for free.  Now there's a fee.  However, I did find a comparable template here
The shoe is very easy to assemble.  What takes the time is decorating it.

The pictures aren't the best, but I hope you can see enough of the project.  I think they would be perfect as a gift for an office mate, a hostess gift, as a table decoration - well the possiblities are endless.








No comments: