Friday, December 6, 2013

Card Box for 20 cards - a unique Christmas gift

Last year I hand made all my Christmas presents and this year I hope to do the same.  Today I started making some gifts.  One of the gifts I made was a card box that will hold 20 all occasion cards.  I think the box and the cards will make a wonderful gift for some of my relatives.
I got the pattern for the box from another demonstrator with the promise that I would not share the dimensions etc. with anyone else.  So, I'm sorry, but the only thing I can tell you is that it takes one 12 by 12 piece of card stock.

This is the front view.  It is made using a 12 by 12 piece of Marina Mist card stock and decorated with Gingham Garden designer paper.  The ribbon is 1 1/4" striped Marina Mist grosgrain ribbon (retired) which is held in place with a piece of Midnight Muse tab punchie (the tab punch is retired as well) and a clear rhinestone brad.
The focal decoration is a red rose made with the Blossom punch.  The green leaves were made using the Big Shot and the little leaves die.  Both are adhered to a Midnight Muse circle die cut using the Circles Framelit





Here is the top view showing the cards inside.  I picked a selection of cards for many occasions - birthday, anniversary, sympathy, graduation, etc from my "stash". 
Now to make a couple more.


Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...