Thursday, June 6, 2013

Poppy Thank You - Technostamper #266

Ugh! What a miserable day today!  Rain, rain, and more rain.  Oh well, at least I won't have to water the garden. 
A lot of my flowers are almost ready to burst into bloom - including the poppies.

This card, with a poppy on it, is for the Technostamper challenge here.  I just love the new hostess stamp set "Simply Sketched" as it just reminds me of my garden.

 

The base card is Old Olive card stock, layered with a Honeycomb embossed piece of Whisper White card stock.  A strip of Gingham Garden DSP, matted with Old Olive card stock, is adhered to the left side of this card stock.

The focal image is coloured with ink pads and an Aqua painter.  Some dazzling details is added to the edges of the poppy.  The image panel is matted with Old Olive card stock, with the left long side scalloped using the Scallop Edge Punch.  A piece of Washi tape is attached to the top left of the panel, with a rhinestone placed on top of it.  The image panel is attached to the card using dimensionals.

Here's a list of materials/supplies used:

Stamp: Simply Sketched
Inks: Black Stazon, Pretty in Pink, Primrose Petals, Real Red, Pear Pizzaz, Old Olive
Papers: Old Olive, Whisper White, Gingham Garden DSP
Accessories: Honeycomb folder, dimensionals, dazzling details, Aqua painter, Washi tape, rhinestones

2 comments:

MJ said...

I have been singing rain rain go away, all day! Although I agree it is nice to not have to water--although it is pretty flooded out there, lol! I love your card for my sketch challenge this week. So pretty. Thanks so much for playing along!

inkedx2 said...

So glad you played with us this week Maria. Miss you on the team. This is a cute card. Hope to see your creations again with our challenges.

Robbie