Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day - Technostamper #267

It's not a nice day out there today - overcast and raining - but I hear its going to clear for the afternoon.  Yesterday I was at an outdoor wedding and it was absolutely a beautifully perfect day - except for the mosquitoes.
I hope you all have some plans for that special male in your life.

This card, a Father's Day Card, is for the Technostamper challenge #267 here  I used the masking technique,
 the Wetlands stamp set and the windows framellits.






I started by creating a mask for my Canada Goose, then I inked up my stamp with SU markers and stamped it onto Whisper White card stock.  Then with the mask in place, I stamped the image of the wild grass twice around and over the Goose.  I quite like the way it turned out.
Using the windows framelit, I die cut the image, pricked the edges using a template, and then sponged them using Early Espresso ink.  It was then layered with a larger die cut of Pear Pizzazz , the edges of which were also pricked and sponged.  The two layers were adhered together using dimensionals.

The basic card is Pear Pizzaz, layered with Whisper White embossed with the Honeycomb folder.  I also ran a piece of Gingham Garden DSP through the Big Shot using the folder, and cut out 6 Honeycomb pieces.  All the edges were sponged with Early Espresso and adhered to the embossed surface above and below the image.
Then I cut a strip of Early Espresso Core-dination card stock, embossed it with the Lines folder, and sanded the surface.  I placed it horizontally at about the middle of the card.
The focal image unit was attached to the card at its midpoint.
The sentiment is from Petite Pairs.

Here's a list of the supplies used:
Stamp: Wetlands
Inks: Early Espresso, SU markers, Old Olive, Basic Black
Papers: Pear Pizzaz, Whisper White, Early Espresso Core-dination card stock, Gingham Garden DSP
Accessories: Honeycomb folder, Lines folder, Windows Framelits, Mat Pack and paper piercer, Small oval punch, 1 3/4 by 7/8" oval punch, Sanding system.

Hope you all had a happy Father's Day

2 comments:

MJ said...

This is a wonderful image. I love how you colored it with the markers, great masculine card. Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week!

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful Masculine card Maria. I hope you had a great weekend, Shirleyx