Monday, March 11, 2013

Dapper Dad Birthday - Challenge 114 LNS

Challenge 114  with the Late Night Stamper's Group this week is to create a masculine card, something that is very hard to find.  It seems most of us are quite comfortable making floral cards, but when it comes for cards for the guys they're a rare commodity.
I've been waiting to use the Dapper Dad stamp set for some time now, and this challenge is my perfect chance.

I just love how this card turned out.  Because I didn't want to have just one shoe on my card, I stamped the image of the shoe twice using Early Espresso ink - on separate pieces of Whisper White cardstock.  The second one I cut out and put aside until I finished the rest of the card.  I used the Apothecary accent framelit to die cut the first stamped shoe,then used the template to paper pierce around the edges of the die cut. I then adhered the second shoe using dimensionals, adjacent to the first shoe and slightly off set to it.
The sentiment, from Petite Pairs, was stamped on Whisper White, punched out using the 1 3/4 by 7/8" oval punch, sponged around the edges with Early Espresso ink, and then adhered below the shoes.
The card base is Early Espresso card stock, layered with Whisper White and then Parker's DSP.  I then scalloped a strip of Early Espresso cardstock and attached it to the DSP at the lower end of the card.  Some Crumb Cake Seam binding was placed above this scalloped strip.
The focal image was attached to the DSP using dimensionals.
The embellishment is a soda pop top that I flattened using the Big Shot.  I then stamped an image from the Collage Curios stamp set on Whisper White, and punched it out using the 1" circle punch.  It was attached to the flattened soda pop top using glue dots.  Then I threaded Early Espresso Baker's twine through a Naturals designer button and tied it into a bow.  It was adhered to the soda pop top with a glue dot.  This unit was attached to the card with glue dots.

Stamps: Dapper Dad, Collage Curios, Petite Pairs
Ink: Early Espresso
Papers: Early Espresso, Whisper White, Parker's DSP
Accessories: Apothecary Accents framelits, mat pack & paper piercer, Scallop border punch, 5/8" Crumb Cake seam binding, Large Soda Pop top, 1" circle punch, Naturals designer button, Early Espresso baker's twine, dimensionals, glue dots.

No comments: