Rather than made another Valentine card, I thought I would make a Valentine treat box
This treat box was inspired by Brandy on Pinterest.
- Real Red Cardstock
- Whisper White cardstock
- Red Glimmer paper
- Scallop square die
- Small heart punch
- 1" circle die
- large silver soda pop top
- Blossom builder punch
- Hand held punch
- Small cello bag
- White Baker's twine
- Using the Scallop square die, die cut 1 scallop square
- With the Simply Scored tool, score the scallop at 1 1/2 and 2 3/4". Turn 90 degrees and score again at 1 and 3 1/4"
- Form a tab by cutting up 2 of the score lines on either side - up to the horizontal score line
- Using a bone folder, fold along all the score lines.
- Apply sticky strip or tombo glue to the tabs and attach them to one side to form the front half the box
- Apply sticky strip or tombo glue to the longer tabs of the remaining half and attach to the other half to form the sides and the back of the box
- With a hand held punch, punch a hole in the completed box on both of the ends.
- Punch holes also in the 8 by 1/2" Whisper White handle at each end
- Insert each end on the inside of the box, matching holes, and insert a red glimmer brad
- With the blossom petal punch, punch 3 flowers in Whisper White
- Using paper snips, cut each of the flower petals at the scallops and between the petals, but not all the way to the center
- Adhere the flowers together using tombo glue, alternating petals
- Attach a large silver soda pop top to the center of the flower with glue dots
- Punch a 1" circle of red glimmer paper and attach to center of pop top with a glue dot
- Punch a whisper white heart using the small heart punch
- Attach to the red glimmer paper with a bit of dimensional. Accent it with a rhinestone.
- Attach the flower to the box with tombo or glue dots. Make sure the flower is attached high enough to allow the box to sit flat.