Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Shelling out Wishes - Paper Craft Crew Challenges 27

I was born near the ocean and crossed the Atlantic to come to Canada when I was six.  The sea has always had a special place in my heart.  That's why I love By the Tide stamp set so much.  Plus, the images make excellent masculine cards.
This is the card I made for the Paper Craft Crew Challenges here

PCCCS027-Sketch 

The card is almost monochromatic.  If it wasn't for that touch of pink it would be.
I started out with a base of Crumb Cake, layered with Whisper White, and then a layer of Parker's Design Specialty Paper.
The image of the Conch Shell was colored using SU markers and an Aqua painter.  After it was dry, I cut it out and mounted it on an Apothecary accents framelit but not before I  stamped the script image on the die cut with River Rock ink.

All edges were sponged with Soft Suede ink.

Stamps: By the Tide, Vintage Verses (SAB)
Inks: Black Stazon, River Rock, Soft Suede, SU Markers
Papers: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Parker's Design Specialty paper
Accessories: Apothecary Accents framelits, 3/4" circle punch, 1" circle punch, Pearls, dimensionals, Natural Trim Ribbon

2 comments:

Carolyn Lindenmayer said...

I'm loving your neutral colour pallette with the touch of pink on your shell. So glad you could join us this week at the Paper Craft Crew Sketch challenge.

Kim said...

I love the color palette also! I really like the natural ribbon that you added. Very nice! Thanks for joining the challenge this week!
kim