Thursday, December 6, 2012

Winter Shaker Card - a repost

Today I thought I would repost a shaker card I made last year when Mica flakes were popular - but are now retired as a SU product.  I did not use the shaker frames but make my own.
Here is the card. Brrr!!  I feel cold looking at it.
I used the tutorial from Splitcoast stamper here



Stamps:   Lovely as a tree, Occasions Alphabet
Inks:   Island Indigo, Marina Mist, Baja breeze,  Black Stazon
Papers: Island Indigo, Whisper White, Silver Glimmer paper, Island Indigo designer paper
Accessories: Frame Oval Scallop die and the Big shot, Snowburst embossing folder, Champagne shimmer paint, Mica Flakes, Medium Window Sheet, Double sided picture framing tape (non SU), 3/8" Lucky Limeade ruffled ribbon, Pearls. dimensionals

Here's a close up of the Shaker element.  The Mica flakes makes it look like the tree is in the middle of a blizzard.  Another option would be to use silver glass glitter or tiny white beads.

Have a wonderful weekend.

1 comment:

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous shaker creation Maria ! Love this. I hope you are doing well, Shirleyx