Sunday, April 15, 2012

Sesame Street Punch Art - The Friday Mashup #54

This week with the Friday Mashup it's Sesame Street time i.e. make a project (for a kid) using the colors using the Sesame Street characters.

  1. Make a project using "Your Favorite Muppet Color Combo".
  2. Or Make a project " for kids".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a " Project for a Kid using your Favorite Muppet Colors".

My children grew up watching Sesame Street.  I can still see my daughter dancing to the opening tune with utter delightful childlike abandonment.  As an adult watching this children's program I got the greatest kick out of the sense of humour i.e. puns that, of course, the children didn't 'get'.  Why are you laughing mommy?

I loved all the characters, but my favourite ones just happened to be Miss Piggy and Kermit the Frog So, I used my punches and made some book marks - one with Miss Piggy and one with Kermit, using the colors Pretty in Pink, and Garden Green.

 I actually got the idea from Pinterest, but I couldn't track down the original author, so if you see your work on my blog please let me know and I will give you credit.

I wasn't sure if I got the characters looking like who they were supposed to be, so I held them up to my son so see if he could identify they, and he got the right answer immediately.




Miss Piggy:
Papers: Crumb Cake, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White, Marina Mist, Basic Black, Real Red
Punches:  Scallop circle, 1 3/8" circle, 3/4" circle, 1" circle, Two step own punch, Word Window punch
Accessories: A string of pearls, bookmark (non SU)

Kermit the Frog:
Papers: Garden Green, Real Red, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White
Inks: Always Artichoke
Punches: Ornament Punch, Pennant Punch, 3é4`circle punch
Accessories: Book mark (non SU)

These characters were fun to make and I`m not sure how realistic I made them (Kermit looks a bit drunk), but like I said - I had fun. Let me know what you think.
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...