Sunday, February 19, 2012

You're Never More than a Thought Away

On Wednesday February 15, a dear friend and mentor died.
I'm feeling a sad and a little lost.  Bonnie was the first person to teach me how to stamp and color using markers and a paint brush, and I have taken classes with her on and off for the past 12 years.
I have learned so much from her.
Whan I first heard 5 years ago that she had breast cancer I was devastated, but this turned to optimism when treatement seemed to work.  Five years to the day of her diagnosis her cancer returned, this time seeding many organs including her lungs.
She fought valiantly with everything she had.  Her positive outlook was amazing.
And she continued to color right up until the end. This fight ended on Wednesday.

I pulled out some of the cards I have done in her class.  The card I am posting  has been  "recarded" as the original was a bit dog eared.  The image in not a stampin'up one because I was not a demonstrator then - but it was a favourite one f both Bonnie and myself. She loved fairies.

This card is for you Bonnie.  I miss you.  You were such a positive influence in my life. Let the fairy in you fly!

Bonnie had Irish roots thus the Garden Green background.
The image is from Frog's Whiskers Inc in Campbellford, Ont.and was colored with markers and an ordinary poaint brush.  I added some dazzling details today, because that's another thing Bonnie loved - glitter!
The Scallop trim corner punch was used to deal with some of the dog ears and I quite like the effect.



No comments: