Friday, December 9, 2011

Kindness Matters - Try Stampin' On Tuesday #44

I was shopping at the grocery store the other day and I  had to pay a quarter had to be get a cart.  As I was getting my cart, I noticed an elderly gentleman rummaging through his pockets looking for a quarter, and all he could come up with was nickles and pennies.  So, without thinking about it, I pulled out a quarter and gave it to him.  "Merry Christmas", I said.  He tried to give me the change he had, but I just put up my hand and repeated "Merry Christmas". 
The look on his face was one of astonishment and then gratitude. That was enough thanks for me.
Random acts of kindess are wonderful!
Kindness does matter!!
When I was rummaging through my stamp sets for the sketch challenge with Try Stampin' on Tuesday here, I found a stamp set that was perfect for the occasion, and reflective of how I was feeling.
Kindness is like a butterfly- flitting about making people feel good, never asking for thanks and then moving on.





Stamp: Kindness Matters, En Francais background stamp
Inks: Early Espresso, Always Artichoke, Crumb Cake, Markers (Early Espresso, Always Artichoke)
Papers: Always Artichoke, Very Vanilla, Always Artichoke designer paper
Accessories: 3/8" Very Vanilla velvet stitched ribbon, rhinestones, dimensionals

As Desmond Tutu once said: "Do Your little bit of good where you are.  It's those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world"

4 comments:

Patti said...

Lovely card Maria. And a very lovely gesture to the gentleman at the grocery store. RAK's don't have to be big; even small ones can make someone's day. Bless you.

Anonymous said...

Your card is beautiful and so are you! How touching. It is so you Maria.

CherylAnn Robinson said...

Maria, once again your card is lovely. You always do such a beautiful job. Thanks for playing at Try Stampin.

Stamping T! said...

I love you card it is just so sweet .... I have just bought this set and now I know the first thing I will be making with it.
Cheers,
T