Saturday, December 31, 2011

Giraffe Thank You - Create with Connie & Mary #182

This card was created using the sketch challenge with CCMC #182  here
The focal image was created because of a mistake.  I know, in stamping, crafting, etc there are no such thing as a mistake, only opportunities to be creative -  but this truly was a mistake - one that couldn't be fixed with an embellishment.
The giraffe had been completely watercolored when I went to watercolor some blue shading around the Giraffe.  I must not have cleaned my brush very well, because a smear of black came off the brush right at the Giraffe's head -  instead of Bashful blue.  Ugh!!  Now the image is ruined, I thought!  I really didn't want to throw the giraffe away because I was quite pleased with the way the watercoloring had  turned out.
So, I cut the image out with paper snips, sponged a background and glued him over top of it.
In a way, this mistake did provide me with an opportunity- one I never thought of when it happened.

Here is the sketch challenge:

 
 
Here is my interpretation:



I got a new camera for Christmas.  I am very pleased with the clarity of the picture.

Stamps: Zoo Review, Delightful Dozen
Inks: Versa Mark, Basic Black, Marina Mist, Baja Breeze, Wild Wasabi, Early Artichoke, SU Markers (So Saffron, More Mustard, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Early Espresso)
Papers: Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Mocha Morning Specialty designer paper, Basic Black
Accessories: Scallop border punch, 1/8" Basic Black taffeta ribbon, Soft Suede button, Early Espresso/White Baker's twine, Aqua painter
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...