Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Medallion Wreath

A version of this wreath is featured on Page 6 of the New Holiday Mini Catalogue. As soon as I saw it I knew that I wanted to make it - as a decoration for  my booth this weekend at the craft show.
Retired Autumn designer paper, and some current card stock was used  to make the wreath- as I was uncertain on how it would turn out and I didn't want to waste my good paper.
.



The circle wreath base was made from cardboard that comes with the designer series paper.  I traced a circle using a dinner plate, and traced a smaller circle within that using a cake pan.  The fun part was cutting the circle out. ( I fully intended to buy the base in the Dollar store, but of course there were none there today - so I put on my thinking cap)
To strengthen this base I cut 2" strips of "the snake" that had previously been ironed and folded, and wrapped it around the circle.
It was reinforced at the back with masking tape.
Just in case the medallions didn't cover the entire base I took 3 ink and colours and smeared them on the front - More Mustard, Chocolate Chip and Old Olive.
After I made the different medallions,hot glue was used to adhere them to the base.
A Leaf from the Gently Falling stamp set was stamped twice in each of these colours:  More Mustard. Old Olive and Cajun Craze.  After cutting each out, they were randomly placed around the wreath.

Stamp: Falling Leaves
Inks: More Mustard, Cajun Craze, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip
Papers: Retired autumn designer paper, Perfect Plum card stock, More Mustard, Cajun Craze, Very Vanilla
Accessories:  Simply Scored tool, 3/4" circle punch, 1" circle punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, Scallop circle punch, Boho Blossom punch, 1 1/4" Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, 3/8" Chantilly Lace crochet ribbon, antique brads, card board from designer series paper, other non Stamping Up embellishments. hot glue gun, Pearl, twine.

If any of you would like to see how I made the base, I would be glad to make a video.  Please let me know in your comments.

2 comments:

Dale Morin said...

Love your wreath. I want to do one and I have a few customers who would like to give it a try. I would be interested in seeing how you made the base. Thanks for sharing.

Gail said...

I would love to see a video of how to make one of those medallions. I've tried and I don't know how to glue two together to make the look of one :( Frustrated.